Yet in her young adult years, her diabetes symptoms became harder to manage, even with the proper diet. Specifically, as she got older, Amy experienced nerve pain in her hands and feet, a common issue for diabetics.
Although family and friends told her that prescription pain medications would ease her pain, Amy was reluctant to take them. She’d heard the horror stories of people abusing pain pills and wanted to stay away from them. After consulting with her physician, she learned that dietary supplements could help with her nerve pain. So on the advice of her doctor, Amy tried a number of supplements to deal with the symptoms of diabetes.
ABH Pharma Manufacture Supplements for Specific Diets
People like Amy who deal with chronic or acute health issues have learned that taking dietary supplements can be beneficial for their health and well-being. Consequently, manufacturing supplements for specific diets is extremely helpful to support people with specific health needs. Below are some benefits of diet-specific supplements.
Benefits of Diet-Specific Dietary Supplements
Apart from general dietary supplements, like fish oil or vitamin D, there are health conditions which require certain nutrients. If a person who’s dealing with these issues eats follows a certain diet, it then helps them to deal with symptoms of their condition. On top of that, dietary supplements can be an advantageous addition to a person’s diet. Below are some of these health issues along with recommended diets and supplements for each. Before choosing a dietary supplement for a specific health condition, consult your doctor.
Rheumatoid Arthritis and an Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a chronic inflammatory disorder. To clarify, this autoimmune disease causes the immune system to attacks the joints. In addition to joint inflammation and pain, people with RA may also deal with fatigue, decreased appetite, and a low-grade fevers. In some cases, it may also affect the body’s systems as well as the organs (1).
The Arthritis Foundation offers some dietary guidelines for people dealing with rheumatoid arthritis. In general, people with arthritis should choose a well-balanced diet centered on plant-based foods. Two-thirds of this diet should be made up of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
At the same time, the rest of the diet should consist of low-fat dairy products and lean sources of protein. On top of that, eating cold-water fish, like salmon and trout as well as extra-virgin olive oil may help reduce arthritic inflammation. In addition to the above dietary recommendations, people with arthritis may benefit from the following supplements:
- Selenium – contains antioxidants which some people believe help to control inflammation
- Vitamin D – helps to regulate the immune system
- Fish Oil – omega-3 fatty acids have strong anti-inflammatory properties (2)
- Capsaicin – has pain-relieving properties
- Tumeric (Curcumin) – reduces joint pain and swelling (3)
Supplements in a Diabetic Diet
Diabetes is a metabolic condition which inhibits the body’s ability to process sugars properly. A diabetic’s lack of insulin means that eating too much sugar could be life-threatening. Consequently, the American Diabetes Association recommends certain foods for diabetics. These include plenty of fruits and vegetables and foods with lean protein. What’s more, the ADA advises diabetics to eat less added sugar and no trans fat (4).
Furthermore, the following dietary supplements can be beneficial for diabetics:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – help to keep the heart healthy; reduce inflammation
- Vitamin D – offers many benefits for overall health including strengthening bones
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) – may help with diabetes-related nerve damage
- Magnesium – may be helpful for diabetics with low levels of magnesium (5)
Supplements for a Fibromyalgia Diet
There is no specific recommended fibromyalgia diet. In general, people who suffer from fibromyalgia should eat as healthy as possible. In addition to following a healthy diet, people with fibromyalgia can also benefit from dietary supplements. Below are a few of these supplements which could play a role in better health when living with fibromyalgia:
- Vitamin C – assists with proper cell growth; also has antioxidant properties
- Vitamin E – maintains a healthy level of red blood cells, helps develop muscles, and strengthens the immune system
- Calcium – promotes restful sleep and muscle relaxation
- Zinc – helps reduce muscle twitching and weakness, promotes relaxation, and reduced anxiety (6)
An MS Diet and Supplements
Briefly stated, MS (multiple sclerosis) is a chronic disorder. Although some people propose an ‘MS diet’, there are no set guidelines. Overall, a person with MS should maintain good health by eating a planned, well-balanced diet. According to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society:
In general, MS specialists recommend that people with MS adhere to the same low-fat, high-fiber diet recommendations of the American Heart Association and the American Cancer Society for the general population. In addition, the MS Society highlights the following dietary supplements for people with MS:
- Vitamin D – promotes calcium absorption to strengthen bones; is known as an immune system booster; may also help regulate cell growth and differentiation
- Biotin – considered a form of vitamin B, it helps break down certain substances in the body (7)
How Diet-Specific Supplements Are Made
At ABH Pharma, we know that supplements are extremely helpful to support specific diets. Like Amy, the diabetic at the beginning of this article, increasing numbers of people choose supplements over drugs.
We also see that the dietary supplements have become increasingly popular among people searching for non-pharmaceutical solutions. In fact, the supplement industry is predicted to grow to an $11.4 billion industry by 2025 (8). Some people take diet-specific supplements to improve their overall health. On the other hand, others take certain supplements to address specific health needs.
ABH Pharma produces diet-specific supplements of all types. We have received FDA, NPA, and GMP certifications and adheres to the strictest standards. Regardless of which diet-specific supplement you need produced, ABH Pharma provides stock formulas as well as custom formulas. Not only do we use only the best raw materials, but the entire process, from sourcing to production, happens in-house. Specifically, we follow a strict Quality Assurance Process:
- All ingredients pass through stringent quality control (testing and verification)
- Our pharmacy compound weighs and blends ingredients
- Production and packing happens at our facility
- We even design custom labels for customized packaging
Since we set such high standards for formulating and producing all of our diet-specific supplements, we guarantee the materials, formulas, and finished products.
Let ABH Pharma Make Your Supplements
ABHPharma manufactures a full range of supplements for any size business or brand. Contact us today and learn how we can produce your diet-specific supplements`.