Custom Nutraceutical Softgel Manufacturing
We Are Softgel Manufacturing Professionals
Since ABH Pharma manufactures softgels in-house at our certified facility, we can also provide low-cost manufacturing services.
There is no middleman between you and the manufacturer at ABH Pharma, Inc.
Specifically, our clients love our flexible and economical softgel manufacturing services. On top of that, softgel order minimums are lower than other manufacturing services.
Get It Correct, Go Direct!
The Benefits of Softgels
Softgels are excellent for delivering oil or liquid-based supplements. As a result, they have several benefits for consumers. Yet softgels also have many production benefits.
For the consumer, softgels have many benefits. Unlike tablets, softgels are tasteless and odorless. Also, many people find softgels easier to swallow than tablets or capsules due to their shape and coating. Not only that, but softgels are generally easier to digest because they dissolve in the stomach within minutes. What’s more, using vegetarian and vegan encapsulation gives people with certain diets greater selection when choosing supplements.
In addition, from a design and manufacturing standpoint, softgels have many benefits:
- Encapsulated and hermetically sealed, softgels completely protect sensitive ingredients from the elements (light and oxygen). On top of that, the airtight seal makes tampering easier to detect in softgels.
- Softgels can also be designed to be broken down in a specific area of the GI tract.
- Since they are resistant to heat and temperature changes, softgels are easy to store and transport.
- As a result of the precise production process, softgel dosages are extremely accurate. This increases their safety for the consumer as each dose is as consistent as possible. Even low and ultra-low dosages can be delivered more easily with softgels.
- Stabilizing techniques allow softgels to increase bioavailability of certain nutrients. Some examples include soluble or poorly absorbed nutrients. These same techniques aren’t possible with tablets.
- Softgels are ideal for delivering certain compounds including oils and fat-soluble nutrients.
- Also, softgels permit a wide variety of customization including custom sizes, shapes, and colors.
- Lastly, when compared to tablet production, the softgel production process generates very little dust which improves the quality of the final product.
Fun Fact: Under normal conditions, the human body will absorb more nutrients from a formula ingested in a softgel form, compared to a tablet or hard shell capsules.
How Do We Produce Softgels?
Made from a soft layer of gelatin, softgels are known for being easy to swallow. Manufacturing them is done through an encapsulation process. In this form-fill-seal process, machines inject prepared substances or compounds (like nutrients, vitamins, and oils) between sheets of digestible, food-grade gelatin.
Two sheets of this gelatin come together between rolling dies with recessess to create the softgels. As the machines inject a precise amount liquid or oil between the sheets, softgels form in these recessess. Then, in one motion, a rolling die seals the softgels and cuts them from the sheet. Lastly, a two-day to two-week drying process then hardens the softgels, allowing them to be packaged and transported.
What Are the Most Popular Softgel Supplements?
A wide range of supplements are available in softgel form. Some of the most popular softgel supplements are:
- Fish Oil – A well-known source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Krill Oil – Another great source of omega-3 fatty acids which is becoming increasingly popular.
- Vitamin D – The ‘Sunshine Vitamin’ helps boost the immune system and aids in many of the body’s vital processes.
- Flaxseed Oil – An alternative source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- CoQ10 – Short for Coenzyme Q10, the enzyme is the body’s powerhouse. It is taken for a number of issues including migraine headaches and high blood pressure.
Steps ABH Pharma Takes to Manufacture Your Nutraceutical Softgel Product
Custom Softgel Manufacturing Options:
For starters, your softgels can be customized and created in a variety of shapes, sizes, and shell colors.
In addition, softgels can be scented to mask ingredient odors. This is why fish oils are commonly encapsulated in a softgel.
Since a softgel can also be made with an enteric coating, body absorption can be delayed until it reaches the small intestine.
Package & Label Design Options For Softgel Manufacturing
Your softgels can be bottled in a large selection of package options.
Moreover, our team of nutraceutical specialized graphic designers is ready to make your label look incredible and comply with all required FDA label regulations.
Not Ready For Custom Softgel Manufacturing? Special Low-MOQ Private Label Softgel Offers
We have a large supply of pre-filled softgel products ready to be bottled and labeled for your brand. View the list of private-label softgels to see our full selection.
See Private Label Softgel Products
Let's Manufacture an Incredible Nutraceutical Softgel Supplement Together!
It doesn’t matter if you’re entering the industry for the first time, need a new softgel manufacturer, require an additional source of supply, or are planning on adding a new product to your line. Regardless of your needs, ABH Pharma can do everything for you.
Take the first step in working with us. Call 866-282-4729 to speak with one of our Production Specialists. Or send us your request to receive a free softgel manufacturing quote.